So after seven years of pestering, I finally caved and agreed with Greg it was time to retire and go try out the van life. On January 8th, 2020 Greg and I headed to Forest City, Iowa to pick up our new Winnebago Boldt. This was going to be our shake-down trip as we explored Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California and Oregon in this 14 day trip.
I am in the process of creating our new You Tube channel RGB Adventures, where we will be vlogging about our adventures. We will connect the latest videos to our new blog. So stay tuned our next few episodes will be the following (I know I got a lot of work ahead of me):
- Picking up our new Boldt, things to ask your dealer that we forgot to
- The importance of a shake down trip and what we learned
- How to pick the right RV for you, what we have learned after a year of investigations
- Winterset, Iowa and the Bridges of Madison County
- Miller’s Reservoir, a Great Place to Boondock
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park a Must See
- White Sands National Park and the not so Flat Trail
- Lake Havasu and Craggy Wash Camping
- What’s it really like to boondock at Walmart and Flying J’s Pilot Travel Centers
- Our progress with Winnebago fixes our shakedown issues
I can’t wait to keep up with your adventures!
We will be following your adventures. We are getting ready to put down a deposit on a 2021 Boldt!